Virtual Youth Development Working Group
International companies have a wide-ranging impact on children, be it on the young workers in factories or on the children left behind by working parents. CCR CSR’s Virtual Youth Development Working Group gives companies around the world access to a common platform for sharing best practices and developing solutions to problems affecting children and young people in the supply chain.
How it Works:
- Members, consisting of major corporations with suppliers based in China and/or South Asia, will participate in quarterly online meetings to discuss ways to uphold the rights of children and young persons in their operations
- Topics for discussion will be based on members’ input and will also include the latest research findings and tools from CCR CSR
- To build awareness and provide practical tools on the risks and challenges associated with child labor, juvenile and student workers and working parents
- To exchange ideas and experiences with peers
- To show how supporting young workers and parents at production sites can create a more positive and safe work environment and thereby reduce turnover rates and increase overall efficiency
Benefits for members
- Learn about experiences and best practices of other major international brands in dealing with issues affecting children, young workers and working parents; opportunities to network
- Highlights of discussion results from the Hong Kong Youth Development Group will be shared with all Virtual Youth Development Working Group members
- Opportunities to join CCR CSR-initiated projects, utilize CCR CSR-developed tools and learn about our latest research findings
- Access to the Child Labor Remediation Platform, an online platform that provides local information on laws & regulations, schooling options etc. to carry out a successful remediation in China. More details here
Online Meeting structure
Quarterly online meetings last for an hour and consist of the following content:
- Pre-meeting opinion pool on selected discussion topics
- Interactive online meeting with topics based on questions, needs and interests of members
- Highlights of discussion results from the Hong Kong Youth Development Working Group
- Newest tools and/or research results from CCR CSR
- Post-meeting opinion poll
- PowerPoint and reference materials will be shared
Meeting Plan for 2017
Please see the document below for a preview of meetings to come in 2017.
For more information, please contact us.