Hong Kong Youth Development Working Group
The Working Group, initiated by CCR CSR in 2009, is a platform for sharing best practices and finding potential solutions to issues and challenges in the supply chain. The group is a membership network consisting of corporations with suppliers based in China and South East Asia who are dedicated to finding ways to uphold the rights of children and young persons. Members will have opportunities to sit together and identify challenges, share resources and implement best practices.
Purpose of the Working Group
- To cooperate with CCR CSR as well as other brands/suppliers in order to identify common challenges, share resources, and implement best practices regarding children, young persons and working migrant parents in the supply chain. The working group meets quarterly in Hong Kong.
- Build awareness on child rights and related risks in the supply chains
- Network with peers across industries and have meaningful discussions
- Develop joint colloborations
- Benchmark sustainability programs
- Reduce turnover and improve safety in sourcing production site
Benefits for Members
- Quarterly face-to-face meetings in Hong Kong to freely discuss and share insights into challenges, experiences, policies and best practice
- Opportunity to network and have meaningful discussions
- Opportunity to join CCR CSR-initiated projects, utilize CCR CSR-developed tools and learn about our latest research findings
- Access to the Child Labor Remediation Platform, an online platform that provides local information on laws & regulations, schooling options etc. to carry out a successful remediation in China. More details here
2016 & 2017 Meeting Plan
Please see the documents below for a preview of meetings scheduled in 2016 in 2017.
To get involved, please contact us!